Veritas Classical Schools (VCS) acknowledges that children are a gift from the Lord. They are given to parents who are commanded to be faithful stewards of God’s good gift. As such, parents bear immediate responsibility for the academic and spiritual nurturing of their children – nurturing which necessarily includes instruction in the philosophical, historical, and theological foundations of the Christian faith.
VCS further acknowledges that this process necessarily includes instruction in what truth is, how to identify it, and how to detect falsehood — all of which is pursued within the context of a comprehensive Christian understanding of God and his creation.
The sacred mission of Veritas is to serve Christian families through the provision and promotion of Classical Christian Education. Our endeavors are not simply directed towards the dissemination of knowledge but towards the cultivation of virtue, as guided by the Holy Scripture and the traditions of Christian scholarship. Moreover, our vision is the restoration of classical Christian thought and practice within the halls of education. We aspire to resurrect the rich heritage of the Christian intellectual tradition and to rekindle the spirit of classical Christian inquiry, thereby guiding the minds and bodies of our students and their families towards a deeper understanding of God's creation and their role within it.
Veritas provides home schooled students:
- An integrated core curriculum in…
- Bible, theology, and apologetics
- Christian values and ethics
- Philosophy, logic, and rhetoric
- History, literature, grammar, and composition
- Teacher directed assignments designed to organize and outline students’ work at home
- Accountability for completed assignments
- Evaluation of student’s progress by experienced educators
- Weekly classroom interaction with peers
- Advanced subjects with enrichment activities that may be difficult to include in a homeschool environment
We would not have been able to successfully homeschool our children without Veritas. The accountability that Veritas provides is so necessary.– Veritas parent