Grammar School (PreK–4)
The Veritas Grammar School will emphasize student exposure to and comprehension of core knowledge in literature, writing, grammar, vocabulary, history and geography, and fine arts.
The Veritas Grammar School curriculum incorporates methods developed by Charlotte Mason, including narration, memorization, picture study, and sketching. Weekly assignments will guide the student and parents in preparation for the next week’s class.
- Students will be guided by an experienced educator through a comprehensive curriculum. Parents and students will be able to refer to the textbooks throughout the week to complete assignments and move broader and deeper into the material presented in class.
- The academic program has been created to challenge students to think critically and grow in their knowledge of humanities through reading, projects, the study of Latin root-words and the integration of biblical truth in all subjects.
- Elementary students attend class with peers in the same grade level under the supervision of an experienced educator.
Preparatory School (5-12)
In the Veritas Preparatory School all subjects are taught from a distinctively biblical world view.
- The curriculum integrates Scriptire, theology, apologetics, history, literature, composition, grammar, study skills, logic, and critical thinking.
- Vocabulary development through Latin and Greek roots culminates in a formalized study of Latin and Greek as languages in high school.
- Each week, the student will receive an assignment sheet delineating the work required in each subject area.
- Students will participate in a combined grade level classroom that allows them to interact with peers and promotes classroom discussion and group projects.
Our daughter wasn’t fitting into the traditional, one-size-fits-all school system. Veritas allows for deeper study rather than seven classes a day and has better prepared our daughter for her next step into college.– Mark, Veritas parent